Sunday, March 11, 2012

Folk Art Jubilee

I've been showing snippets of my Jubilee quilt but I really wasn't sure if I could make what I wanted to make. I'm still having a few doubts, but I'll show you what I've got so far. Some pieces are appliqued together but nothing is appliqued to the background yet.





Oops, I see I left a row off one side. I was wondering why I had extra.
This will be the center of a medallion quilt. I saw the original of this block in the Folk Art Museum in NYC.  Figuring out the construction and the layering really gave me an appreciation for the artist that made this one block!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Lori it looks fantastic. I adore the colours you are using. Well done on figuring out the construction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing and this is really going to be one fabulous quilt~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your block Lori the colours look really great and what an interesting design. Can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be one fantastic quilt! What a challenge to figure out and execute. Love.It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive, Lori. So interesting and intricate. Will you be able to share a photo of the original? Look forward to seeing your progress. This is the beginning of a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Lori! This is fabulous! Holy cow! I love every little thing about it.....those tiny spikey green and reds surrounding the fans are amazing! And the cheddar pops! And those fat little rose buds are SO awesome! They look like they could burst with a bloom! I'm really loving this piece! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, well, well, isn't the best thing I've seen lately?
    Are you a crazy woman doing all those "teeth". I love it Lori!!
    can't wait to see more and more and more.
    What is your background?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever are you??!! It's going to be such a stunner. Just love the colours, they really do pop. Keep going, keep going!!

    ReplyDelete