Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hello, my name is Tammy :)

and I'm finally able to make it on over to this blog and post something. I have had a nasty cold and and the energy levels for blogging have been zero, zip, nothing :(

But it's better now!

OK about my Jubilee quilt...I turned 50 on January 20th of this year and saw the Jubilee quilt project idea and thought, I want to do this!!. I have had my eye on the quilt pattern I'm using for quite a long time and thanks to a dear friend, she was able to locate the pattern for me.
It's the Tree of Life pattern by Vivian Robinson, an Australian designer.
I love hand-piecing and this quilt certainly fulfills that love.


There are 68 hexagons in this quilt. Each hexagon is embroidered, finished with a print fabric and then hand-quilted before stitching the blocks together. Kinda a "quilt as you go" project and I have also heard this type of quilt referred to as "potholder" quilt.

As you can see this quilt will be literally about me. The designs I started with are a combination of my own, Bareroots designs and from the pattern. The hexagons that will be surrounding this center (shown above) will be mostly from the pattern and about things I love and like to do. :)
So this is my Jubilee quilt and I'm SO happy to be included in on this project and able to share here on this blog.

Best wishes and stitches everyone!

Tammy
www.treadleworksbytammy.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That is going to be fantastic. Love the personalized embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quilty friend and I were just talking about potholder quilts the other day! This is going to be fantastic! Can't wait to see what other embroidered topics you include in your 'all about you' quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was also, "Wow!" That will be so personal and unique.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great project! How nice to hear that you are combining and patterns and your own ideas - hooray!
    love the center Jubilee embroidery -
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Tammy
    love the sweet sentiment that is so evident in this project~!
    and anything with embroidery gets my happy attention~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. What a wonderful project. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Belgium, Tammy ;>)
    Your project looks terrific. I'm mad about hexagons and didn't know about that pattern, so I'm gonna check on line (you bet I'm gonna order it, HeeHee...)
    Keep going, dear !
    XOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy - Hello! I just stumbled onto your blog. Happy 50th! Best wishes on your project. I once made a quilt called "Prayers and Dreams" that had over 100 pockets sewn to the quilt. Inside each pocket was a prayer or dream written on felt.

    Best, Kyra
    publishyourquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tammy, that looks like so much fun! Looking forward to seeing more. Cheers, Meredithe

    ReplyDelete