I did my first post on this quilt on my Fun With Barb blog on January 11, 2012. Click here to read all about it.
Pride before a fall:
After carefully planning and cutting my borders using long unbroken pieces of muslin, I ran into a little problem when I pinned the last border to the bottom of the top.
but what here?
Oh yea, I cut the backing out to attach the stuffed berry. Well, isn't that interesting, I mean maddening!
Here is how I fixed it:
I removed the flower and the berry from the surgical area. I cut off the "problem area"
I attached a new piece of muslin with the same angle (45 degress) that I intend to quilt on the border.
I then trimmed the stems and reattached the berry and flower. Whew. Pretty good solution.
Here how it looks when done correctly.
I use a ruler and mark the cutting line.
I use scissors, they are slow and accurate and avoid the "oops" slip of a rotary cutter.
Here is coco inspecting the repair.
Friday evening I celebrated in my usual way:
Today I'm hoping to finish the marking and then sew baste it for hand quilting. I'm using Dream Wool for the first time.
Thank you all for you continued support and encouragement on this long term project.
I'll be back with a quilting update soon.