Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Block 9, Hydor

Some stars are known for their brilliance, others for the odd qualities, some even for their ordinariness, yet others for location. Hydor (Lambda Aquarii), of Aquarius (the Water Bearer), highlights the last of these traits, and carries an unusual attribute at the same time. At the bend of a stream that falls down from Aquarius's Water Jar (appropriate to the name, which means simply "water"), Hydor is an "ecliptic star" that sits practically astride the ecliptic, less than half a degree from the apparent solar path.

This is block 9. I'm a quarter of the way there.




I've gotten distracted with some quilting and I need to piece a block, to keep my eyes from crossing. Something bright like this should just do the trick.


Everybody have a great Wednesday. Lane

3 comments:

  1. Another winner! I enjoy the information that you include about the stars too.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing block! The colors you have chosen are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the colors.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete