Thursday, April 19, 2012

Good Morning America!

I have to admit it, I'm a morning news junkie.  After I journal and do a daily reading, I'm off to the family room to discuss the news with Robin and George.  They may not realize it, but I am the 3rd anchor of ABCs GMA.

I feel less guilty about that 90 minutes if I work on quilting.  I've found it's the perfect time to prep, baste, mark or any other activity that may not require my full attention.

2 Blocks Completed! That is 138 stuffed berries, just saying.



A few things I do to prep a block:

1.  I press the half block lines with the iron, both ways.
2.  I mark registration lines to help line up any templates.
     On this block it's 2" from each edge for the wreath
     pattern.
3.  I really try to get as much basted and prepped at one time
     so I can sit enjoy the stitching.
4.  I sew baste the pieces, it's fast and no pins to catch on.
     (I try to use matching thread so I can admire my work as I               
      go).



Thanks to everyone who has been posting their progress!

I've added a J for Jubilee favicon to our blog just for fun.

17 comments:

  1. You are my inspiration!! This quilt is why I joined this project. It is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! wow! impressive to see them lined up.
    wish I could draw!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea Barb. It usually takes me a bit to get going in the morning. It's looking lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking wonderful. I think when you're all finished George and Robin should scoot over and let you share your quilt with the rest of America. :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking fabulous you must be a berry expert by now they really look wonderful. You certainly are going to be putting some of us to shame with all your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous blocks - in fact - - stunning!
    I'm a news junkie too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're making great progress on this. an heirloom in the making~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt looks great but what in the world is a favicon? Sorry but I'm computer challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I'm trying to figure out what method you use for this applique...Is it basting like for back-basting or you have freezer paper underneath or you just have those lines for needle turn and that's it? It is looking so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get my news from the paper and it doesn't take long to get through it these days. Thanks for the update - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get my news from the newspaper too.
    You have a great idea there listening/watching the news while working on your quilts.

    Barb, your blocks are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These blocks are amazing, Barb! Really beautiful! And thanks for the hints.....I'm not an appliquer, yet, but have been wanting to lately. I'm acquiring all the good hints before I start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a challenging design but you are quite up to it. How many blocks total are you making? And I wonder what month your 50th birthday will be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you realize yours is the 50th post on our Jubilee blog? :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress Barb. How many more circles are there to go???? Don't envy you THAT task! Looking fab. Meredithe

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to see your progress with this project! It is so wonderfully unique! That is a lot of berries :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I LOVE this one!! I'd be tempted to put that red on cheddar myself.

    ReplyDelete