It's taken some time, but I've finally started collecting for my Jubilee Quilt Project. Yes, Beguiling Billings is finished and at the quilters! Talking to some others who have finished their versions of the Mrs Billings Coverlet, we've decided that there's a "Big Project Completed Syndrome" - we're all having difficulty settling on the next thing to do!! So I thought I'd try collecting and bringing together my ideas and fabrics for my Jubilee Quilt Project and see where that leads!
The centre will be a rendition of this iron work which hangs on the wall of the outdoor eating area at a place we sometimes frequent for delicious cooked breakfast. Looks a bit Continental I thought!
In Florence this was on our bathroom floor and is perfect for the border. I like the unusual corner treatment! (Please excuse my feet!)
Then there was the floor of the lounge area in that beautiful hotel in Florence.
It reminded me of this quilt that is in progress, being made using a set of templates I designed and called Kumo
and I can just use the octagon and square in imitation of the Florence hotel floor.
So with these fabrics, (plus others that I pull out as I'm looking for things for other projects!)
I'll be able to fussy cut like this.
Now all I need to do is
: :work out how many Kumo's across the quilt
:: work backwards to the first border
:: work out how big the applique block can be
:: draft the applique
Not a lot really!!!! Actually, doing this post has started the creative juices........ I just might start some investigating into the above list!